General Writing and Grammar Help/Humpty-dumpty

- A is severely injured and lying in bed. B comes over and says We got a doctor coming down here. Hes going to humpty-dumpty your ass back together.

- Dear Sally! What does "humpty-dumpty your ass back together" mean in this context?

Thanks very much, Sally!

Hi, Steven,

Thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning!  Happy Valentine's Day, over here, also!

There is an English "Nursery Rhyme," meaning a poem sung or chanted to children in the children's room, or "Nursery," when they are young, that has these words:

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."

The character of Humpty-Dumpty is depicted as a humanized, human-sized, large, chicken's egg in its shell with clothes and a hat on. The character falls off the wall and breaks into pieces that are impossible to restore to wholeness.

I think you can figure out the rest. Check these images out:

Best to you!  Please rate my answer.

take care,

General Writing and Grammar Help

Sally Ember, Ed.D.

I can answer any grammar, writing, reading, editing and proofreading questions for nonfiction, fiction, literary criticism. I can also help in most content areas except for hard science and narrow areas of history. Specialize in E.S.L. , those with learning disabilities and processing problems. Clarity, fun, and simple answers as well as assisting with improving to excellence.

Many years teaching K - 12 and college-level writing. Degrees in education through doctorate. Published nonfiction and fiction writer.

Publications Google me

B.A., Elementary Ed., social science/language arts concentrations Experience teaching high school and college Master's and doctorate in education Writing instructor at secondary and post-secondary levels, including GRE and SAT preparation high scores on PSAT, SAT, GRE and National Teaching Exams

National Merit Scholar, 1971 Phi Beta Kappa Summa Cum Laude, B.A.