General Writing and Grammar Help/Live the moment - live in the moment

Question
Dear Ted:

Do you say, "to live the moment" or "to live in the moment"?

If both phrases are possible, do they mean the same thing?

If not, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** The usual saying is "to live IN the moment."  It means to enjoy the present time, neither looking toward the past nor toward the future.  

EXAMPLES:

My philosophy is TO LIVE IN THE MOMENT, enjoying each day as it comes.

My sister has never been able TO LIVE IN THE MOMENT; she constantly dwells on the past to the extent that she cannot appreciate all the good things that currently surround her.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt