General Writing and Grammar Help/sentences

Question
5.Although the singer passed away, his dedication to pop music will always be remembered.
It was very generous of the woman to share her homemade cake with the passengers on the subway, but I think she was doing a great thing in the wrong place.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.) In the second, can I say also, “..she was doing a great thing on the wrong occasion”?

6.If you have an emergency, you can leave the class without the teacher’s approval.
Who approved your leave? You should never take leave without my permission.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “approval” with “consent” or “permission”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say, “Who permitted your leave”?

7.Students need the school’s approval to leave early if they don’t feel well.
If you want more information about your group tour, you can ask for the itinerary.

(1.)    In the second sentence, can I replace “itinerary” with “route”?
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “ask for” with “request”?

Answer

*** YES

*** NO.  Being on a subway train is NOT an "occasion."

*** YES

(1.) In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “approval” with “consent” or “permission”?

*** YES

(2.) In the second, can I say, “Who permitted your leave”?

*** This is better:  Who permitted your LEAVING?

*** YES

(1.) In the second sentence, can I replace “itinerary” with “route”?

*** YES

(2.) In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “ask for” with “request”?

*** YES -- and it should be worded this way:  You can request the itinerary.  The preposition "for" is unnecessary with the change.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt