General Writing and Grammar Help/sentences

Question
I have a few questions about the two sentences below:

The manager decided to put off sending the letter until next Tuesday.
Our meeting was set on Friday, but now we want to make it happen earlier.

(1.) In the first sentence, what is the opposite meaning of “put off sending the letter”? How about “The manager decided to send the letter earlier than scheduled/expected”?

(2.) In the second, if I want to name a specific date, can I say, “but now we want to bring the meeting forward to August 13” or “we want to put the date/meeting forward to August 13 (or by two weeks)”?

Answer
Hi, Kenneth,

Here are my responses, below each of your questions.

I would use: "The manager decided to send the letter prior to the originally scheduled date."

I would use: "but now we want to move the date up to August 13, two weeks earlier than planned."

I hope this helps. Please rate my answers. Best to you.

Sally

General Writing and Grammar Help

Sally Ember, Ed.D.