General Writing and Grammar Help/Get you settled

Question
Julie: Mr David! This is Janice Higgins. Marine biologist. And John will get you settled.
Janice: Welcome to our island paradise.
David: Where’s Tattoo? You know, the short guy?

- Dear Sally! In this context, Julie and David have just got out of a helicopter. I hope this context gives you enough information. What does "get you settled" mean in this context?

- Best regards, Steven.

Answer
hi, Steven,

In this context, "get you settled" refers to John's bringing the travelers (Julie and David) to their accommodations, with their luggage, to show them where they'll be staying and let them have some time to get cleaned up, unpack, rest, perhaps eat before the next scheduled activity occurs.

I hope that helps you.

Best to you. Please rate my response.

Sally

General Writing and Grammar Help

Sally Ember, Ed.D.