General Writing and Grammar Help/Get you settled

Julie: Mr David! This is Janice Higgins. Marine biologist. And John will get you settled.
Janice: Welcome to our island paradise.
David: Where’s Tattoo? You know, the short guy?

- Dear Sally! In this context, Julie and David have just got out of a helicopter. I hope this context gives you enough information. What does "get you settled" mean in this context?

- Best regards, Steven.

hi, Steven,

In this context, "get you settled" refers to John's bringing the travelers (Julie and David) to their accommodations, with their luggage, to show them where they'll be staying and let them have some time to get cleaned up, unpack, rest, perhaps eat before the next scheduled activity occurs.

I hope that helps you.

Best to you. Please rate my response.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Sally Ember, Ed.D.

I can answer any grammar, writing, reading, editing and proofreading questions for nonfiction, fiction, literary criticism. I can also help in most content areas except for hard science and narrow areas of history. Specialize in E.S.L. , those with learning disabilities and processing problems. Clarity, fun, and simple answers as well as assisting with improving to excellence.

Many years teaching K - 12 and college-level writing. Degrees in education through doctorate. Published nonfiction and fiction writer.

Publications Google me

B.A., Elementary Ed., social science/language arts concentrations Experience teaching high school and college Master's and doctorate in education Writing instructor at secondary and post-secondary levels, including GRE and SAT preparation high scores on PSAT, SAT, GRE and National Teaching Exams

National Merit Scholar, 1971 Phi Beta Kappa Summa Cum Laude, B.A.