General Writing and Grammar Help/Totally

A: Itís kind of cool we both have jobs.
B: Totally.

- Dear Sally! This is a short context from an American movie. What does "totally" mean in this context?

Thanks very much, Sally!

hi, Steven,

In this context, "Totally" is slang and an abbreviated way to say: "I totally [completely] agree with you on what you just said and the emotions you're expressing as well."

I hope that helps!

Best to you, and please rate my response.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Sally Ember, Ed.D.

I can answer any grammar, writing, reading, editing and proofreading questions for nonfiction, fiction, literary criticism. I can also help in most content areas except for hard science and narrow areas of history. Specialize in E.S.L. , those with learning disabilities and processing problems. Clarity, fun, and simple answers as well as assisting with improving to excellence.

Many years teaching K - 12 and college-level writing. Degrees in education through doctorate. Published nonfiction and fiction writer.

Publications Google me

B.A., Elementary Ed., social science/language arts concentrations Experience teaching high school and college Master's and doctorate in education Writing instructor at secondary and post-secondary levels, including GRE and SAT preparation high scores on PSAT, SAT, GRE and National Teaching Exams

National Merit Scholar, 1971 Phi Beta Kappa Summa Cum Laude, B.A.