General Writing and Grammar Help/correct tense or grammatical category of statement/phrase

Question
i need to identify the correct tense of grammatical category if no word is underlined then whole phrase/statement is considered.

1. I am always Telling off (telling off is underlined) the children.

2. tr2I cant play  (cant play being underlined) the saxaphone.

3. By the time we had arrived, the plane had taken off.

4. The train arrives in Manchester at 16.05.

Thanks for help

Answer
I'm not sure what you are asking and wanting here.

The tenses are:

1. I am always "telling" off (telling off is underlined) the children. = present tense due to "I am"

2. tr2I cant "play"  (cant play being underlined) the saxaphone. = present tense

3. By the time we had arrived, the plane had taken off. = past tense

4. The train arrives in Manchester at 16.05. = present tense

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett