General Writing and Grammar Help/Fit in the schedule

Does the phrase "to fit in the schedule" exist?

If so, when is it used?

Would you please give me some examples?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

learning express library
learning express libra  
ANSWER: Dear Paolo:

If so, when is it used?

*** It is usually "to fit [something or someone] in the schedule."

Mr. Brown is very busy today, but I will try to fit you into his schedule.

The committee chairman was able to fit the new discussion item into the schedule [agenda].

Because my tooth ache was considered an emergency, my dentist fit me into his schedule today.

Paolo, several days ago I sent you a message about a new database that I wanted you to try accessing.  I have not heard from you, so I don't know if you got my message or not.  The database is called "Learning Library Express," and it contains many tests, exercises, and downloadable ebook pertaining to many subjects, including English grammar and writing.

Here is the message I sent:

I have no idea what restrictions there are for this database.  I am asking you to try to access it using either of the web addresses below.  Please report your success/failure to me as a follow-up message at Allexperts.

Thank you

Choose "Register" at the top of the page.

This is the actual registration page.

*** If you don't get the registration page, look for the word "register" at the top right of the screen.

I am attaching a screen shot of the registration page.  Please let me know if it works for you.

The database you are suggesting asks if my institution is West Virginia Library Commission. Since I am not a member of that institution, When I try the other option, that is, "click here," a message appears requiring either a "library card" or a "product key" to register. As I don't have either of them, I don't know what to do.

Dear Paolo:

I'm sorry that I did not mention this, but you ARE accessing the database through the West Virginia Library Commission.  Use that option.  Then enter your e-mail address and your chosen password for the database [you must remember the password].

You should be able to enter the database.  Search for "grammar" or "writing."  You can also browse all the subject areas.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy