General Writing and Grammar Help/Pass tests on someone

Dear Ted:

What does the phrase "to pass tests on someone" mean?

Would you please give me some examples of how to use the above phrase correctly?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

P.S. Ted, is your hip healing well? And how is your sight?

Dear Paolo:

PROJECT FOR YOU:  Please send me a question to Allexperts with the subject line "Learning Express" and the message "Please send me the link."

I will send you a link that you POSSIBLY may be able to access.

Thank you.

*** I am completely baffled, Paolo.  I have never heard this phrase, and several internet searches have reveal nothing.  Are you sure you have the phrase written correctly?

*** My "last" checkup about my hip is in three weeks.  Everything looks good, but the weather is affecting my hip.  My eye treatments continue.  I had #4 last week, and I am schedule for #5 on April 10.  The condition has not cleared up, but the doctor says it is looking good.  For three days after a needle injection, my right eye is very, very sore.

Please get back to me on "to pass tests on someone."  You have aroused my curiosity.  Where or where did you see this phrase?

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy