General Writing and Grammar Help/Get out or take out a pistol

Question
Dear Ted:

In/With the sense of "to remove something from/out of one's pocket," should I say, "to take out a pistol" or "to get out a pistol"?

If both are possible, do they have the same meaning?

If not, when I should use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

I am asking this question because, in Italian, we have only one verb to use in the case above.

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

P.S. Is the question "In/With the sense of 'to remove something from/out of one's pocket,'....." is correctly written? If not, would you please rephrase it for me?

Answer
Dear Paolo:

In/With the sense of "to remove something from/out of one's pocket," should I
say, "to take out a pistol" or "to get out a pistol"?

*** They have the same meaning.  

If not, when I should use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

*** "Take out" suggests to me that the object under discussion is very close to you, such as in your pocket.  I would use "get out" for objects that are a little farther away.

EXAMPLES:

TAKE five dollars from your wallet.
Jane went to the library and TOOK out three books about the occult.

GET out your textbook so that we can go over the assignment together.
She GOT her laptop OUT of its carrying case.

*** In my second example of "TAKE," I used the past tense "TOOK."  I consider those three books to be "close" to Jane, because she is obviously carrying them.  In the examples for GET OUT, the two items are NOT on Jane's person.  I am assuming that the textbook and the laptop are in some type of container that is not worn by Jane.

I am asking this question because, in Italian, we have only one verb to use in
the case above.

Paolo

P.S. Is the question "In/With the sense of 'to remove something from/out of
one's pocket,'....." is correctly written? If not, would you please rephrase it
for me?

*** It is correct.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt