General Writing and Grammar Help/word usage

Question
I'm writing a paper and I want to write a sentence like: "He sat there in a golden throne, made prison." Basically saying that the throne that should be a place of honor has been made a prison because he is being held against his will. Do I move or lose the coma? Do I hyphenate it somewhere? Would "turned" work better than "made"? Thank you.

Answer
The sentence is constructed incorrectly, and using "turned" implies a different context than "made."

That depends on the meaning and "story."

"He sat there.........." is an incomplete sentence......You haven't followed up as to why he sat there; what happened, why, what's going on with him sitting there?

The correct sentence should be:

"He sat in a golden throne that was his prison."

That sentence probably conveys what you are trying to say.............

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett