General Writing and Grammar Help/word usage

I'm writing a paper and I want to write a sentence like: "He sat there in a golden throne, made prison." Basically saying that the throne that should be a place of honor has been made a prison because he is being held against his will. Do I move or lose the coma? Do I hyphenate it somewhere? Would "turned" work better than "made"? Thank you.

The sentence is constructed incorrectly, and using "turned" implies a different context than "made."

That depends on the meaning and "story."

"He sat there.........." is an incomplete sentence......You haven't followed up as to why he sat there; what happened, why, what's going on with him sitting there?

The correct sentence should be:

"He sat in a golden throne that was his prison."

That sentence probably conveys what you are trying to say.............

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.