General Writing and Grammar Help/how is it?.

Hope you are fine. I have translated a message. How is it?

"I earned a fly's trust through my calmness and then then killed it... I detest my hypocrisy."

Hi, Hame,

You did just fine with this translation except for the punctuation at the end of the sentence, which may not be left up to you, I realize.

But, if it is within your choice to change it to be correct, it should be like this, with a period , then an ellipsis :

"and then killed it....I detest my "  

The reasons for the above format are these: 1) the form of the ellipsis is three consecutive dots (...), but 2) at the end of a sentence, you also need its end mark. In this case, that is a period [or possibly, an exclamation point (!)].

If you use a period , it will appear that you then have four consecutive dots following the word it , although 3) if you have the keyboard option to use an actual ellipsis , please do use that. Those three dots as an ellipsis have different spacing than that before and after three actual periods .

In that case, the period comes first, then the ellipsis , followed by no extra space before the first word of the next sentence, I , just as I have shown you, above.

I hope this helps.  Best to you and please rate my response.

Take care,

General Writing and Grammar Help

Sally Ember, Ed.D.

I can answer any grammar, writing, reading, editing and proofreading questions for nonfiction, fiction, literary criticism. I can also help in most content areas except for hard science and narrow areas of history. Specialize in E.S.L. , those with learning disabilities and processing problems. Clarity, fun, and simple answers as well as assisting with improving to excellence.

Many years teaching K - 12 and college-level writing. Degrees in education through doctorate. Published nonfiction and fiction writer.

Publications Google me

B.A., Elementary Ed., social science/language arts concentrations Experience teaching high school and college Master's and doctorate in education Writing instructor at secondary and post-secondary levels, including GRE and SAT preparation high scores on PSAT, SAT, GRE and National Teaching Exams

National Merit Scholar, 1971 Phi Beta Kappa Summa Cum Laude, B.A.