General Writing and Grammar Help/And, or

Question
Dear Ted:

Which of the following examples is correct?

1) Where on the Internet can I find information about when AND how to use the 'stressed article'?

2) Where on the Internet can I find information about when OR how to use the 'stressed article'?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

1) Where on the Internet can I find information about when AND how to use the
'stressed article'?

2) Where on the Internet can I find information about when OR how to use the
'stressed article'?

*** Both are correct.  If you use #1, the internet site MUST satisfy two qualifications:
"when" and "how."

If you use #2, the internet site MUST satisfy EITHER of the two qualifications, but NOT both of them.

AND = requires at least TWO things
OR = requires just ONE thing [ONE or the OTHER]

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt