General Writing and Grammar Help/Conjunction Question

Question
Dear Johnathan, I have a question about the following sentence.  
    "The soldiers do not question or are concerned about their duties in this war."  

In the above statement, is it correct that this sentence means that the soldiers do not question their duties in this war and are not concerned about their duties in this war?

I ask because the conjunction used in the above sentence is "or".  However the second part of the sentence does not contain a negative, therefore, I am unsure if this second have is still interpreted as a negative statement(i.e., "are not concerned about their duties in this war").  
 I very much need your assistance."

Answer
Hi Laura,

The sentence that you are asking about could be written better. But, the answer to your question is yes, the soldiers do not question their duties, and the soldier are not concerned about their duties. This is a more informal way of writing this out and it could be done with less confusion, but your interpretation is correct.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
-Johnathan

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn