General Writing and Grammar Help/To date, to the present day

Question
Dear Ted:

Is there a difference between "to date" and "to the present day"?

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

P.S. How is your recovery going along?

Answer
Dear Paolo:

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

**** There is no difference.  There is also another phrase that means the same: "as of today."

EXAMPLES:

To date, we have not received a response to our request.

To the present day, our request has not been granted, even though it was filed with the government more than two years ago.

As of today, the situation in Ukraine remains volatile, with armed troops representing both factions.

Ted

P. S.  My right eye is not healing well.  In less than three weeks, I have another injection scheduled.  I intend to have a long discussion with the doctor.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt