General Writing and Grammar Help/Grammar

Question
Please check sentence below and explain to me the error in the sentence.
The island of Midway, a 2.4 square mile territory of the United States, is best known for their military and geographic importance about halfway between Japan and California.

Answer
I'm sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't get the email notification.

The sentence is alright, but structurally incorrect.

Here is the proper sentence structure which is an "active voice."

The 2.4 square mile territory of Midway island of the United States, approximately  halfway between Japan and California, is best known for military and geographic importance.

That set the noun "Midway" and then, the information of its importance.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett