General Writing and Grammar Help/Grammar

Please check sentence below and explain to me the error in the sentence.
The island of Midway, a 2.4 square mile territory of the United States, is best known for their military and geographic importance about halfway between Japan and California.

I'm sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't get the email notification.

The sentence is alright, but structurally incorrect.

Here is the proper sentence structure which is an "active voice."

The 2.4 square mile territory of Midway island of the United States, approximately  halfway between Japan and California, is best known for military and geographic importance.

That set the noun "Midway" and then, the information of its importance.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.