General Writing and Grammar Help/necessity of comma

Is a comma required after "object" in the sentence below?

I looked in my grammar book.  It seems like a cliff hanger, but I'm not sure.  The sentence seems like it would be okay with or without the comma.  

Strewn partially across this mysterious object, was a small, white sheet.

Hi Paty!

Sorry for the delay, but thanks for waiting!

Very simply, I personally think it's inappropriate there.  It seems to add a very unnecessary and even disruptive break between the noun and the verb.  I suppose a case could be made for putting a comma there, but there certainly isn't any grammar rule that I know of that would say it's required.

Hope that helps!

General Writing and Grammar Help

Anything to do with word usage and/or grammar, plus the fundamentals on almost any type of writing (especially creative writing, such as poetry, short stories, movie/dramatic scripts, etc.)

Majored in English literature in college; have published short stories and poems, currently teaching English as a second language to foreigners

As mentioned above, a bachelor's in English Literature and also a CELTA certification which enables me to teach English as a second language to foreigners.

Editor's Choice for a national poetry contest. 2nd prize for a short story in a city-wide short story contest.