General Writing and Grammar Help/Need opinion on article buying.

QUESTION: Hi there,

I was looking for online content and came across freelancing website which is legitimate. Actually, I need to buy content for my website. I need your opinion about this. A person is selling me ONE article for $5 of 500 words. Article will be of exactly similar quality as written in the sample below. He is selling articles ONE article for $5. Here is the sample:-

"If you are trying to lose weight, eating the right foods and exercising your body are definitely in your best interest. However, the exercises you choose to do are very important if you want to see real weight loss results.

The best weight loss exercises will be those that work your largest muscle groups. An obvious exercise choice would be aerobics, the heart being the biggest muscle in the body, though not necessarily high impact aerobics if you are someone with problems in your knees or lower back. So for everyday workouts, light aerobics like walking would be a good place to start. That said, aerobics is not a good choice for weight loss by itself.

Weight loss exercises that work the thighs, the upper arms, and the abdomen are where the serious calorie burn is going to occur. Crunches, whether standing or lying on the floor are a good choice. If you are one of those people who gets nauseous doing floor exercises, a standing abdominal crunch routine would be ideal and you will get as good or better a calorie burn than you would lying down.

Another great exercise choice is the standing knee bend. This exercise is done with a slight bend at the waist, lowering yourself to just above a squat position and then holding. This gives an awesome burn in the thighs, which of course burns major calories, but also serves as a really great move to lift the buttocks.

Strength training with dumbbells is another really good choice for burning calories. You can choose any way you like to use the dumbbells, probably no more than 8 pound weights are needed, and used to perform arm curls--one dumbbell in each hand, being held with hands palm up, and curling up to the shoulder and back down straight at the sides. You can take this a step further by doing triceps curls, which work out the larger muscle group at the back of the arms. For the ladies this exercise will not only burn calories to help with the weight loss, but will also serve to alleviate the "waving back of the arm" that many women encounter when they have extra weight on their upper arms, or when they have lost the weight and the skin has not bounced back to fill the skin.

Any exercises that get a really good, lasting burn going in the major muscle groups are going to be your best weight loss exercises. Work your heart, your thighs, your upper arms, and your abdominals, and before long you will begin to see the pounds start to fall off. Don't look for a landslide of weight loss at first, as these exercises will help build muscle as well, and muscle does weigh more than fat. So, be patient and start your exercise regimen, and before long you will see the weight loss results you desire."

The person is selling me one article for $5 of 500 words at exactly the same quality as it is of the sample above.

Should I buy? What's your opinion?

I am new to content buying. Therefore, I am asking.

Sorry about the delay in my reply, it's been a crazy week. When it comes to purchasing content the question that I often ask myself is whether or not the content I'm seeking can be found online for free elsewhere. Secondary to that is whether or not I have the available funds to spend on it. In a case such as what you described where the content is about nutrition or exercise, there is a plethora of content regarding those topics online, so I would not be inclined to buy an article personally speaking. However, if the content was something like cutting-edge research that was published in a scientific or academic journal, then that might persuade me to purchase the article.

At the end of the day there's really no right or wrong answer. It just boils down to how badly you want the information and how much money you're willing to part with to get it.

Kind Regards,

QUESTION: Hi there,

First of all, I don't have any idea how my question went to the other e-mail address. Anyway, you said it right that plenty of articles are available online for free. These articles can be found on their related websites. For example, a health website will have articles related to health issues. But the fact is that people need content for their website. Most often, people have no time to write content for their website. Therefore, there are many legitimate online content producers. What I am talking about is original articles, not unique articles. I guess the one in the above sample is original. A researched article in scientific journal is unique, I guess. I am not sure, but I think that it is.

But my main question is that do you think that this article (the one above) is worth $5? Suppose that you need to buy article on "weight loss", then will you purchase an article of similar quality as of the above sample if you were me? I just need an opinion.

I'm not sure I understand the intended distinction you are making between "original" and "unique". Anything that is original would have been produced/written by the author, and since they are the only one who wrote it, it would also be unique.

For me, with this particular topic, I would not spend $5 on an article on weight loss or exercise. I know too many people who work in physical therapy or as dietitians that I can just ask. $5 isn't exactly a lot of money, so if you think the article is worth it, then sure, buy it. I really can't give you advice on what I think about the article because what I'm willing to spend money on is different from you. If you think the article will help you, then purchase it.

Kind Regards,

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn

I can answer a broad range of questions about both academic and creative writing. I can answer questions about APA format, research and references, essay structure and more. I am particularly helpful in the areas of character development, storyline development, etc. and I can provide authors with an array of tools to help them organize their work.

I minored in English for my Bachelor's degree. I have also written several books and I run a small publishing company (before you ask, we're not accepting submissions at this time). I have written both fiction and non-fiction books and I have been published in newspapers and written articles for major internet websites.

Alpha Chi, Psi Chi, Kappa Delta Pi, APA

MS, Educational Psychology, BS Psychology (English minor)