General Writing and Grammar Help/Need your opinion.

Question
Hi there,

I was looking for online content and came across freelancing website which is legitimate. Actually, I need to buy content for my website. I need your opinion about this. A person is selling me ONE article for $5 of 500 words. Article will be of exactly similar quality as written in the sample below. He is selling articles ONE article for $5. Here is the sample:-

"If you are trying to lose weight, eating the right foods and exercising your body are definitely in your best interest. However, the exercises you choose to do are very important if you want to see real weight loss results.

The best weight loss exercises will be those that work your largest muscle groups. An obvious exercise choice would be aerobics, the heart being the biggest muscle in the body, though not necessarily high impact aerobics if you are someone with problems in your knees or lower back. So for everyday workouts, light aerobics like walking would be a good place to start. That said, aerobics is not a good choice for weight loss by itself.

Weight loss exercises that work the thighs, the upper arms, and the abdomen are where the serious calorie burn is going to occur. Crunches, whether standing or lying on the floor are a good choice. If you are one of those people who gets nauseous doing floor exercises, a standing abdominal crunch routine would be ideal and you will get as good or better a calorie burn than you would lying down.

Another great exercise choice is the standing knee bend. This exercise is done with a slight bend at the waist, lowering yourself to just above a squat position and then holding. This gives an awesome burn in the thighs, which of course burns major calories, but also serves as a really great move to lift the buttocks.

Strength training with dumbbells is another really good choice for burning calories. You can choose any way you like to use the dumbbells, probably no more than 8 pound weights are needed, and used to perform arm curls--one dumbbell in each hand, being held with hands palm up, and curling up to the shoulder and back down straight at the sides. You can take this a step further by doing triceps curls, which work out the larger muscle group at the back of the arms. For the ladies this exercise will not only burn calories to help with the weight loss, but will also serve to alleviate the "waving back of the arm" that many women encounter when they have extra weight on their upper arms, or when they have lost the weight and the skin has not bounced back to fill the skin.

Any exercises that get a really good, lasting burn going in the major muscle groups are going to be your best weight loss exercises. Work your heart, your thighs, your upper arms, and your abdominals, and before long you will begin to see the pounds start to fall off. Don't look for a landslide of weight loss at first, as these exercises will help build muscle as well, and muscle does weigh more than fat. So, be patient and start your exercise regimen, and before long you will see the weight loss results you desire."

The person is selling me one article for $5 of 500 words at exactly the same quality as it is of the sample above.

Should I buy? What's your opinion?

I am new to content buying. Therefore, I am asking.

Thanks.

Answer
Grammatically, there are many errors.  I would question, based only on this, whether the information is correct.  

I also see what I know are errors in fact.  

~~

If you are trying to … are definitely in your best interest. However, the exercises you choose to do are very important if you want to see real weight loss results.

=interest= should be =interests=.

=However, the exercises=
Sentences never start with =however=.

lowering yourself to just above a squat position and then holding. This gives an awesome burn in the thighs, which of course burns major calories, but also serves as a really great move to lift the buttocks.

=in your thighs=
=lift your buttocks=
The writer should use =you= throughout or use an impersonal voice throughout (=in the thighs= or =in one's thighs=).  Obviously, =you= constructions are easier to read.

=8 pound weights=
=eight-pound weights=  OR  =8-pound weights=

=Aerobics= is not defined, nor is it stated how the heart is connected to aerobics.  Since this is sort a "beginner's" article, as I read it, the writer has assumed a beginner knows what =aerobic= means and why aerobic exercise is so beneficial to the heart.  

The "burn" is NOT what is burning the fat.  This is incorrect.  The burn is the result of continued anaerobic activity in the muscles.  Burn occurs in lifting weights, as well as in aerobic activity, such as running.

=Choice= is used over and over.

The upper arms do not have large muscles, nor does the abdomen.  The large muscles are in the thighs and the buttocks.  I question whether the heart is a "big" muscle.  I would have to find out if the heart itself is an unusually-efficient calorie-burner.  I rather suspect it is not.  The most intense calorie burning occurs in the thighs and buttocks.  The heart is probably the "strongest" muscle, however.  I'd have to do research.

Those errors, content and grammar, are from a cursory read.

~~

I also find it difficult to read this information in paragraph form.  It is very detailed, and several alternatives are given.  For the beginner to sift, it would be difficult, in my opinion.  If I were writing, I'd use bullets.  

For example:

For burning calories and making an immediate impact on your weight, provided you have altered your diet, try these exercises.
•   Running and jogging.  If your doctor advises "low-impact" aerobic exercises, try walking, bicycling, or swimming.  Low-impact means….
•   Etc.

There are other ways to burn calories.  

Lifting weights will help you lose weight, too, because muscle is the most efficient fat-burner in the body.  The more muscle you have, the more energy your body will use because muscle requires more energy to maintain than fat.  That energy will come from fat your body has stored.  Increasing the muscle in your body does what is called "raising your metabolism."  A high metabolism results in higher energy usage. Yes, you will even burn more fat in your sleep!

When you lift weights, you are not challenging your heart very much.  You are challenging your muscles; this is called anaerobic exercise.  "Anaerobic" means "in the absence of oxygen":  the oxygen level in the body is not adequate to service the muscles and an acid builds up in them.  This build-up is actually what causes the "burn."   >Here's< where to find more information.     [>Here's< is a hot link.]

For your abdominal area, consider these.

•   Crunches are the best-known.  Not only can you do them in a straight fashion, where your shoulders move toward your toes, you can do crunches at an angle, twisting your body so your right shoulder moves toward your left hip.

~~

Notice that I have used =your= and =you= throughout.

~~

The real questions are:

1.  Do you think the content is good?  Do you think the facts are correct?
2.  Could you do better yourself, for free?  Are you knowledgeable in this area? (That is, do you do exercises?  Have you lost weight using the suggestions in this article?)  Have you done research in this area?  
3.  Do you need this to save you time from writing something of your own, and that's why you are thinking of buying this?  Perhaps you need something right away and plan to replace it with something else later.

~~

As to your question, however, I think $5 is not too bad, as long as you know there are (what I, personally, think) problems.  

I believe you can do better yourself or find someone more knowledgeable.  There are many, many websites.  I'd look at the ones by the Mayo Clinic (mayoclinic.org) or National Institutes of Health (nih.gov); they can be trusted as authoritative.  Also see university websites and medical school websites:  Johns Hopkins, University of San Francisco, Harvard, etc.

~~

The site you mention may be legit, but I don't think this writer is very good from a composition/grammar standpoint, and I question the accuracy of his/her information.  

You are welcome to use, without attribution, what I have written above, if you choose to create your own article.

I really encourage you to do this.  You can do a lot better.  I know this because you are questioning.

You will learn a lot in the process about how to teach beginners, how to write clearly, how to research, and exactly how exercise works in the body.  This presumes you don't know about these things or would want to know more than you know now.  (I don't know what your website is about, of course!  I'm just guessing!  And I don't know your credentials; I hope I have not insulted you; if so, I apologize.)
mb

PS.  Another option – which is free! – is just to link to this website!  If you do this, I'd link to several sites so the reader has much more information to read and digest.  It also would let the writer know (if this person follows up to see what you did in case you did not buy) that you are not using a link to the site simply to avoid paying him/her $5!  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Martha Beth Lewis