General Writing and Grammar Help/Recruitment information

Question
1a. I got my current job because of reading recruitment information online and on newspapers.
1b. I had the current job due to reading recruitment information online and on newspapers.
2a. I'm starting to feel heavy when I go to work because I detest my boss.
2b. I start feeling heavy to go to work because I loathe my boss.

(In 2a and 2b I use "feel heavy" to mean "feel stressed and sick of going to work or I don't feel like going to work because my boss is a terrible person, he treats me and other employees badly")

- Dear Ted! Do these sentences sound perfect to you in daily conversations?

Thank you very much, Ted!

Answer
Dear Steven:

1a. I got my current job because of reading recruitment information online and on [IN, NOT ON] newspapers.
1b. I had the current job due to reading recruitment information online and on [IN] newspapers.

*** Here are some comments:

1b -- You used the past tense "had," which infers that you no longer HAVE the job.  Is this what you intended to write?

2a and 2b -- I question the use of "feel heavy."  I think that a much better word is "depressed."
If you are stressed and sick of your work, you would have a general "negative" feeling, which is often called "depression."

Of course, you can use other words:  I feel BITTER.  I feel ANGRY.  I feel SAD.

"Depressed," however, seems to me to be the word that best expresses your feelings.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt