General Writing and Grammar Help/Search Engine Optimisation

Hi there,

I was looking for online content and came across freelancing website which is legitimate. Actually, I need to buy content for my website. I need your opinion about this. A person is selling me ONE article for $5 of 500 words. Article will be of exactly similar quality as written in the sample below. He is selling articles ONE article for $5. Here is the sample:-

"If you are trying to lose weight, eating the right foods and exercising your body are definitely in your best interest. However, the exercises you choose to do are very important if you want to see real weight loss results.

The best weight loss exercises will be those that work your largest muscle groups. An obvious exercise choice would be aerobics, the heart being the biggest muscle in the body, though not necessarily high impact aerobics if you are someone with problems in your knees or lower back. So for everyday workouts, light aerobics like walking would be a good place to start. That said, aerobics is not a good choice for weight loss by itself.

Weight loss exercises that work the thighs, the upper arms, and the abdomen are where the serious calorie burn is going to occur. Crunches, whether standing or lying on the floor are a good choice. If you are one of those people who gets nauseous doing floor exercises, a standing abdominal crunch routine would be ideal and you will get as good or better a calorie burn than you would lying down.

Another great exercise choice is the standing knee bend. This exercise is done with a slight bend at the waist, lowering yourself to just above a squat position and then holding. This gives an awesome burn in the thighs, which of course burns major calories, but also serves as a really great move to lift the buttocks.

Strength training with dumbbells is another really good choice for burning calories. You can choose any way you like to use the dumbbells, probably no more than 8 pound weights are needed, and used to perform arm curls--one dumbbell in each hand, being held with hands palm up, and curling up to the shoulder and back down straight at the sides. You can take this a step further by doing triceps curls, which work out the larger muscle group at the back of the arms. For the ladies this exercise will not only burn calories to help with the weight loss, but will also serve to alleviate the "waving back of the arm" that many women encounter when they have extra weight on their upper arms, or when they have lost the weight and the skin has not bounced back to fill the skin.

Any exercises that get a really good, lasting burn going in the major muscle groups are going to be your best weight loss exercises. Work your heart, your thighs, your upper arms, and your abdominals, and before long you will begin to see the pounds start to fall off. Don't look for a landslide of weight loss at first, as these exercises will help build muscle as well, and muscle does weigh more than fat. So, be patient and start your exercise regimen, and before long you will see the weight loss results you desire."

The person is selling me one article for $5 of 500 words at exactly the same quality as it is of the sample above.

Should I buy? What's your opinion?

I am new to content buying. Therefore, I am asking.

Hello Ryo

This isn't exactly what this forum is for - it's a web development question

But as it is of interest to me (since I have a web site of my own - I will answer it.

In general, I don't think it's a good idea to buy in content. It's much better to write your own.

The price is cheap enough at $5 for 500 words, but I don't think you will have any guarrantee that this article hasn't been sold somewhere else

And if it has, Google will count it as 'duplicate content' and give it lower ratings in its search results.

This article is also STUFFED with its key term - which is "weight loss excercises"

In other words, the term appears more times than it would in a 'natural' piece of writing

Google will probably spot that, and dowgrade it in search results  

It might tae more time to write your own content, but if you do it carefully, you can get to the first page in Google searches, as I have done with these pages

Here's my latest page (which will not yet be listed)

Hope that helps

best wishes

General Writing and Grammar Help

Roy Johnson

I can answer questions on English language, grammar, writing skills, and study skills. I am particularly experienced in the writing skills required for academic essays, term papers, reports, dissertations, and post-graduate theses.

I have forty years experience as a tutor and as the author of books on writing and study skills. For thirty years I was a tutor for the Workers' Educational Association, which specialises in courses for adult students and preparing mature students for university. I was also a tutor for the Open University between 1975 and 2010. During that time I have also written a number of books on writing and study skills. In the last ten years or more I have specialised in creating computer-aided learning materials and online learning courses.

"Making the Grade" (Manchester University Press) 1990 "Studying Fiction" (Manchester University Press) 1991 "Marking Essays" (Clifton Press) 1993 "Revision and Examinations" (Clifton Press) 1993 "Writing Essays" (Clifton Ress) 1996 "Study Skills" (Clifton Press) 1996 "Electronic Writing" (Clifton Press) 1996 "Improve your Writing Skills" (Clifton Press) 2010 "Writing Essays 3.0" (Clifton Press) 2008 [computer program] "English Language 3.0" (Clifton Press) 2008 [computer program] "Study Skills 2.0" (Clifton Press) 2008 [computer program]

My first degree was in mechanical engineering (HNC). I then switched to literary studies and philosophy. My second degree was a BA in English and American Literature (from Manchester University - UK). I also have an MA in Comparative Literary Studies, and my doctoral thesis (PhD) was in the relationship between literature and politics.

Amber TV Anglia Polytechnic University Bath Spa University College The Beattie Partnership Blackpool & the Fylde College Bolton, Salford, & Trafford NHS Cedar Health Central Manchester Health Trust City College Manchester Coventry University David Rigby Associates East Lancs NHS Food Standards Agency Graduate Research Institute Granada Studios Higher Education Funding Council Hyde Clarendon College Kellogg’s UK Kingsmill Health Trust Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Liverpool University Manchester Airport Manchester City Council Manchester Metropolitan University MANCAT Manchester PCT (NHS) Manchester TEC North East Lancs PCT NorthWest Learning Grid Oldham Business School Open University Parrs Wood College Runshaw College Salford Mental Health Trust Save the Children Fund South Manchester Health Trust St John Rigby College St Mary’s Catholic High School SwimTime University of Bolton University of Central Lancs University College Chester University of Huddersfield University of Hull University of Manchester University of Salford West London Health Trust Winstanley College Manchester NHS Xaverian College