General Writing and Grammar Help/difference among three examples

Question
I am trying to explain my problems by the following sentence:

"A commonly drawn distinction is between pre-history, i.e, the period before written records and history in tge narrow sense, meaning the study of the past using written evidence."

What is the difference between "the period before written records and history" and "the period before records written and history ''/"the period before records and history written in the narrow sense"?

Answer
No difference. History is anything that has past. Therefore, "period before........" is "history."

The correct sentence is:

A common distinction between pre-history which is the period before written records, and history of using written evidence." (and, still, the sentence is incomplete.......your sentence is incomplete.........it does not lead up to the distinction/conclusion of the two................

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett