General Writing and Grammar Help/difference among three examples

I am trying to explain my problems by the following sentence:

"A commonly drawn distinction is between pre-history, i.e, the period before written records and history in tge narrow sense, meaning the study of the past using written evidence."

What is the difference between "the period before written records and history" and "the period before records written and history ''/"the period before records and history written in the narrow sense"?

No difference. History is anything that has past. Therefore, "period before........" is "history."

The correct sentence is:

A common distinction between pre-history which is the period before written records, and history of using written evidence." (and, still, the sentence is incomplete.......your sentence is does not lead up to the distinction/conclusion of the two................

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.