General Writing and Grammar Help/Which preposition is correct?

Question
Respected Roy,

How are you? I hope you are fine. I want to know that which preposition is correct in these sentences, and are these sentences correct? Prepositions are in capital letters.

1a) I will be getting enrolled AT a college.

1b) I will be getting enrolled IN a college.

1c) Both of the sentences are written with correct preposition. You can write both "at" and "in" in the sentence mentioned above.

1d) Both of the sentences are wrong.

2) The great wall is only a few meters wide — similar in size OF highways and airport runways.

3)The fact that it is scarcely one seventh of the volume of the earth must have accelerated its cooling AT the temperature at which life could begin.

4) The light and heat it receives from the sun is barely half of that received TO this world.

5) Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is an alleged ape-like animal said to inhabit the remote forested areas of much of North America, with many of the sightings occurring AROUND the Pacific northwest of the United States and British Columbia, Canada.

6) Bigfoot is sometimes described as a large, bipedal hairy hominoid creature, and many believe that this animal, or its close relatives, may be found IN the world under different regional names, such as the Yeti of Tibet and Nepal.

Thank you, Roy.

Answer

Correct

No

should be similar TO

cooling TO

received BY

or received ON

AROUND or IN

IN is OK - but

I would omit this phrase

may be found under different regional names

I hope that helps  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Roy Johnson