General Writing and Grammar Help/Mistakes while writing?

Question
Hi Martha,

As you know that I am practicing to write well, I learn something new every time I try to write something new. I hope that at least I improved a bit. Actually, I don't know that how can I really write. I mean to say that I don't really know that what is the quality of my writing. Therefore, I have written a 222 word article. It is short. I would be really grateful if you could check it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

BENEFITS OF APPLES

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away" is a popular saying, and most of us are familiar with it. But do apples really keep the doctor away? Are they really that beneficial for our health? Recent studies  suggest that this is true.  According to a study done by Dr. Adam at the university of Lowa, mice which were given ursolic acid had improved muscle strength and growth. However, this study itself doesn't apply to humans; but ursolic acid is also found in many Asian herbs, and this could be beneficial to humans, too. This ursolic acid is also found in apples. Due to this reason, researchers believe that apples might be beneficial for strength and growth of body's muscles. On the other hand, apples are rich in antioxidants that help to reduce blood pressure problems. In a research done at the university of Western Australia, researchers found that people who were given apple related meals had better and healthy blood vessels. Furthermore, a Japanese study suggests that apple procyanidin solution can prevent or even reverse hair loss in men. Study suggests that men who were treated with apple procyanidin solution reported healthy hair growth after twelve months of apple procyanidin treatment. These are only a few benefits of apples. We can see that apples are really beneficial to our overall health.      

SOURCES:-

http://www.voanews.com/content/an-apple-a-day-keeps-weak-muscles-away-123561669/

http://consumer.healthday.com/senior-citizen-information-31/misc-aging-news-10/a

http://kathleen44.blog.terra.com/2013/01/13/apple-peel-and-ursolic-acid-health-b

http://www.news.uwa.edu.au/201110053999/research/eat-apples-healthy-heart

http://holistichealthliving.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/natural-hair-loss-remedy-di

Respected Martha, I will be very grateful if you could check for any grammatical or punctuation error in this text.

Yours Sincerely,

Den

Answer
I know you think I have fallen off the earth.  I still have connectivity problems!  Now, I don't even have wifi that works.  I am working at the library.  I haven't forgotten you.  Be patient!! mb

Nov. 7:  Den, I think I answered this.  Yes?
mb

General Writing and Grammar Help

Martha Beth Lewis