General Writing and Grammar Help/Science Fiction Story - "Immortal".

Dear Johnathan

Can this be a Good Science Fiction Story - "Immortal" or "Never to die" where in the story mentioned that Human Beings are "Never to die" i.e. Immortal due to advanced medicine achievement. As a example Human Beings living for a maximum Life span of 130 years is extended to 1000 years similar to specific Trees / Plants.

In this science fiction story are shown the Consequences, effects if this happens in reality where Human beings species are never to die as a example "Population explosion", environmental effects etc.

Do you also feel a Good documentary film or movie or play can also be constructed on these story base ?.

Similar to the above fiction story base, are there already English movies produced ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant,

If it was well-written I think that this could make for a very interesting story. I can think of a lot of ways to twist this dialogue, everything from the possible consequences of rebuilding human genetic material to the use of advanced technology. Even just simple a discussion about what can happen within the human brain if we lived that long could be interesting. There are a lot of interesting places that this kind of story can go.

I think a film could easily be adapted about this topic and it certainly has the potential to be profitable.

I can't think of any American cinematic movies where this is the topic. I can think of several where people were cryogenically frozen and woke up in another time, but that's not the same. There is an interesting lecture from a world-famous researcher, Aubrey De Grey, who is pushing the boundaries of exactly what you are talking about. If you want to write a book on this subject, I highly recommend his video as a good starting point to understand the science and potential dangers.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn

I can answer a broad range of questions about both academic and creative writing. I can answer questions about APA format, research and references, essay structure and more. I am particularly helpful in the areas of character development, storyline development, etc. and I can provide authors with an array of tools to help them organize their work.

I minored in English for my Bachelor's degree. I have also written several books and I run a small publishing company (before you ask, we're not accepting submissions at this time). I have written both fiction and non-fiction books and I have been published in newspapers and written articles for major internet websites.

Alpha Chi, Psi Chi, Kappa Delta Pi, APA

MS, Educational Psychology, BS Psychology (English minor)