General Writing and Grammar Help/the difference

Which one is correc?
If all are correct, what is the difference among them then?

a) take a photo
b) take a picture
c) take a photograph

Also, what is the difference among photo, picture, and photograph?

Thank you

Hello Hamad,

The term "photo" is an abbreviated version of the word "photograph" so the meaning of these two words is virtually the same.  Photo also means "light" when used in combination with other words such as "photocopy."

A picture can be a photo but can also be any other visual form such as a painting, drawing, sketch or representation of an image.  

Hope this helps,

Dr. D

General Writing and Grammar Help

Deborah Burgess

Essays--I can assist students with questions concerning the process of writing an essay including preparation of an outline, development of a topic, development of the thesis statement and topic sentences, and paragraph development. I can assist students in helping them determine the proper rhetorical modes for their essay (narration, illustration, description, process analysis, comparison and contrast, and argumentation. I am able to answer questions concerning rules of style for a research paper including referencing sources. I am able to address questions regarding punctuation and grammar.

I teach a writing workshop for the University of Phoenix (Richmond Campus) and two college courses: Essentials of College Writing and Elements of Composition.

Doctor of Management--University of Phoenix Masters in Human Resources--George Washington University B.A.--French and Linguistics, Oakland University