General Writing and Grammar Help/TENSES

Respected Sir
Which one is correct -
Do your father like parrots ?

Does your father like parrots ?
According to me both can be correct but in book the correct answer is 2nd sentence.
Why so ?

While making questions, the following steps may be useful:

Write a statement, and then convert it into question.

Example: I am a boy -> Am I a boy?
He is a teacher -> Is he a teacher?

Now, your sentence is:
Your father likes (=does like) parrots.
This would make the question: Does your father like parrots?

However, Your parents like (=do like) parrots.
Now the question form is: Do your parents like parrots?
I think your confusion stems from the word FATHER being in singular and PARROTS being in plural.
The verb agrees with the subject, not the object.
Here, FATHER is the subject, not PARROTS.

However, if we write it in passive voice:
Parrots are liked by my father -> Are parrots liked by my father?

ARE LIKED (plural) to agree with the subject PARROTS>  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Those related to general and creative writings, usage, grammar, sentence construct, conversational English, etc. We also advise on ways to improve language skills, creative write-ups, grammar, phonetics, accent, spoken English, interview handling tips, group discussion, debating, public speaking, etc.

I have been the co-ordinator of Easy Elite English, which delas in training youth in English Speaking and Communication Skills, Writing, Public Speaking, Debating, etc. I develop teaching materials, both audio-visuals as well as text, and also am the head of faculty training.

LEWWWP, Integrated Youth Education Resource, EEE, EFL, TCW, TEL.

I have several blogs and e-publications. Published poems and short stories in national dailies, international magazines and e-zines. Author of ICSE Computer Applications - school textbook for Class X students.

After my graduation, did special research online on teaching English [spelling, pronunciation, sentence construct, etc] to elementary children. Now I have the qualification to conduct online classes. Member of several global English Learning and Teaching Centers as well as Honorary teacher at LEWWWP.

Regarded as the most helpful voluntary teacher in several sites. Got the best Faculty Trainers Award from EEE.

Now I am self-employed, other than working as a Content developer and faculty Training and Placement Head for EEE and Integrated Youth education Resource. A voluntary teacher at Learning English With World Wide Perspective.