General Writing and Grammar Help/would...

Hope you are fine.

I have a question. Which one is correct?

Passangers requiring assistance or with small children ....... be boarded first.
A. Would
B. Will

Thank you. Please explain your reasons.

Hello Hamed,

Depending on the situation, either would be correct.  If someone is giving instructions then the choice would be B.  If someone is making an explanation, than A would be correct.  Will is simple future tense whereas Would is a past-tense form of will and is conditional.  If certain events occur, then passengers needing assistance or accompanied by small children would be boarded first.

Dr. D

General Writing and Grammar Help

Deborah Burgess

Essays--I can assist students with questions concerning the process of writing an essay including preparation of an outline, development of a topic, development of the thesis statement and topic sentences, and paragraph development. I can assist students in helping them determine the proper rhetorical modes for their essay (narration, illustration, description, process analysis, comparison and contrast, and argumentation. I am able to answer questions concerning rules of style for a research paper including referencing sources. I am able to address questions regarding punctuation and grammar.

I teach a writing workshop for the University of Phoenix (Richmond Campus) and two college courses: Essentials of College Writing and Elements of Composition.

Doctor of Management--University of Phoenix Masters in Human Resources--George Washington University B.A.--French and Linguistics, Oakland University