General Writing and Grammar Help/anytime vs any time

Question
Is the use of any time okay in the following?

....requested that we arrive any time after noon.

OR   ......requested that we arrive anytime after noon.

(I think anytime is best, but that in this case, it can be either one.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Patty, interesting question.

This is one of those words that's currently in a grammatical tug of war. At the moment, the general rule of thumb, according to Grammarly, seems to be:
For informal uses, use "anytime", but for formal uses, it should be "any time".

In reality, unless you are writing to a collection of English majors, I doubt most people will care very much, so use whichever one you prefer. People have been writing it both ways often enough that both are familiar.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
-Johnathan  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn