General Writing and Grammar Help/Simple Grammar Query

Dear Sir,
Which is correct grammatically:

A. Could you let me know where the files are?
B. Could you let me know where are the files?

Thanks and God Bless!

Reverend Eslam,

Hi Reverend Eslam,

In this case, A. would be the more correct option. In proper "academic" English, the sentence should be "Could you let me know where the files are located?" However, in day-to-day speech most people leave words that can be inferred or implied out.

In order for B to be correct, there would have to be a change in punctuation.

Kind Regards,

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn

I can answer a broad range of questions about both academic and creative writing. I can answer questions about APA format, research and references, essay structure and more. I am particularly helpful in the areas of character development, storyline development, etc. and I can provide authors with an array of tools to help them organize their work.

I minored in English for my Bachelor's degree. I have also written several books and I run a small publishing company (before you ask, we're not accepting submissions at this time). I have written both fiction and non-fiction books and I have been published in newspapers and written articles for major internet websites.

Alpha Chi, Psi Chi, Kappa Delta Pi, APA

MS, Educational Psychology, BS Psychology (English minor)