General Writing and Grammar Help/Singular vs Plural

Question
When I'm referring to a review of multiple decision letters, should I say "a decision letter review was conducted" or "a decision letters review was conducted"?  thanks in advance for your feedback.

Answer
Dear Christina:

*** Your sentence suggests that there was more than one decision letter.  In other words, there was just ONE review, but several [multiple] decision letters were discussed, perhaps in a meeting of a committee.

If that is the case, then the appropriate wording would be "a decision LETTERS review was conducted."

Another way of stating the idea is this:  During the meeting, several decision letters were discussed.

Ted Nesbitt

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt