General Writing and Grammar Help/

I have always had problem with the prepositions IN and AT in English. For example, which one is correct?

"Peter is working ............ office."

a) in
b) at

Please explain your reasons.

Thank you

ANSWER: I am sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't get my email notice to this question.

In or at is not the answer.

It depends on what you are conveying. Also, it is more than one preposition needed.

1) Peter is working AT THE office.

2)Peter is working IN THE office.

QUESTION: Thank you.
What is the difference between A) and B)?

A) Peter is working AT THE office.

B)Peter is working IN THE office.

Thank you

None really, as both are correct English.

If you should be telling someone where Peter is, you would say: Peter is working AT THE office.

If an employee at the office should ask where Peter is, you would probably say: Peter is working IN THE office.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.