General Writing and Grammar Help/Can you parse this expression?

Question
QUESTION: "To go to" is commonly used to mean "to which to go"; e.g., "This is not the right page to go to." I don't know how to parse that and am hoping you can help me out.

ANSWER: This is not the right page to go to = This is not the right page to which (=which page) you must go.

Both the TO are prepositions. The first TO is a part of the infinitive TO GO.

The second TO is a preposition whose object is already expressed / implied before.

For example: This is the place where we should start from = This is the station from which (= from which station) we must start.
What are you looking at? = What is the thing at which you are looking.

Where are you coming from? = From which place are you coming?

I hope I have answered your doubts - if not give details of what you really want.

QUESTION: I thank you greatly for your exceedingly prompt answer, but I regret I'm having difficulty in following it. Perhaps the problem in part is my example, which leads to confusion resulting from "to" used in different ways in the same example. So please allow me to change the example, as follows:

"This is not the book to read."

Can you parse "to read" in that sentence? It's certainly an infinitive verb, but what is the grammatical function of that infinitive?  It obviously does not modify "book," as books don't do reading. How does "to read" fit grammatically in the sentence?

Answer
This is not the book to read.

TO READ is an infinitive. An infinitive being a (verb + noun) will not qualify / modify another word - only adjectives and adverbs do.

Being (in part) a noun, it can stand as a subject / an object of a verb.

In this case, [This is the book to read or This is the book not to read] it is the object of the verb.

Take some more examples:

Infinitives used as SUBJECT:
To drive a car requires skill.
To tell a lie is a shameful thing.

Infinitives used as OBJECT:

I like to dance.
I don't like to sit here.
I want to swim.

Infinitives are essentially verbal nouns. As nouns they will do the work of nouns.

Is it clear? Do not hesitate to seek clarification, if required

General Writing and Grammar Help

SKUMAR IYER