General Writing and Grammar Help/be verb

"Sometimes I will eat things I know are unhealthy."

1) Here, I think "I know" is absolute, isn't it?

2)In "...... are unhealthy" subject will be "things". I think "that" has been omitted before "....are unhealthy". Since "that" has been omitted, the form of "are" should be "being". But why "are" has been used instead of "being"?

1) Yes, "I know" is absolute.

2) No, you are wrong. You cannot say: " Sometimes, I will eat things I know that are unhealthy." It is unnecessary to add "that." Stating "are unhealthy" says it all properly without using additional articles.  "Sometimes, I will eat things I know are unhealthy." is correct.

Why say: " Sometimes, I will eat things I know will being unhealthy," is incorrect English. You cannot use "I will eat" and "being" in the same sentence due to tense conflict.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.