General Writing and Grammar Help/Collectives, plurals and possesives.

Question
Hello, Jerry. I hope you may be able to help me sort my questions out as I am a bit confused.
I am a little lost as to what the collective, plurals and possesive nouns of the words Brumby and Brolga are. Personal possession and belonging to the group. I wrote a poem yonks ago and have been going through it and believe i have misused these words and would like to correct them for my next book. I hope I have been clear in what I am after so thank you so much in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

Answer
Lee,

Although Australian animals are out of my field of expertise, I'll give it a try.

The collective of brumby (feral horses) would by a herd, the plural is brumbies and the possessive is brumby's.

Brolga (crane) is brolgas in the plural and brolga's in the possessive. I'm not quite positive on this one, but I believe cranes are also called herds.

I hope this helps,

Jerry Leone

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jerry Leone