General Writing and Grammar Help/'s

Question
Dear Mr Clayborn,
Which of the following forms are more correct, regarding the day celebrated internationally and in different countries?

Student day
Student's day
Students' day
Students day

Of course I've seen all the above forms in various contexts, but I think one should be more correct among them.
The answer to the above question may be applicable to the days celebrated for TEACHERS and WORKERS. I mean I have the same question about the day of teachers and workers.
I'd be grateful if you help me with that.

Regards
MSH

Answer
Hi Bob,

Interesting question. Grammatically, at first glance, it might seem like one of the choices with the apostrophe is correct "students' day" in particular makes sense if the day belongs to the student because the apostrophe denotes possession. However, it's not a day owned by the students, it's a day given to the students. In keeping in line with other major holidays in the US; Vetrans Day, Presidents Day, etc, the most appropriate answer should be "Students Day", as in "a day for celebrating students (plural)".  
I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
-Johnathan  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Johnathan Clayborn