General Writing and Grammar Help/Consider as? Also Table and Figures

Question
Greetings Mr. Leone,

Thank you for your time and help.

1) How is "considered as" used?  I'm confused about writing "as" in  sentences like the following:

-  The patients were considered (as) eligible.
-  Instead P-values are in blue for items that can be considered (as) specific for that disease.

2) Is this rule correct on how to write Tables and Figures in scientific writing within the text?

When referring to a Figure in the text, the word "Figure" is abbreviated as "Fig.", while "Table" is not abbreviated. Both words are spelled out completely in descriptive legends.

You've  give me valuable help me in the past. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Laura

Answer
Laura,

1. I don't see any grammatical reason for considered as since considered does the job. I would eliminate "as" in both sentences.

2. This is a bit out of my area of expertise, but I know that figure is fig. and table is one syllable so there is no need to abbreviate. Finally, I honestly know nothing about descriptive legends.

Jerry Leone  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jerry Leone