General Writing and Grammar Help/Sentences.

Question
Hi there,

I am learning English, and I have written some sentences. Can you please help me if my sentences are correct? This is not a homework question.

1) According to Jerry, many of his friends, including Jane, are not going to the party and will hang out at Albert's house.

2) One of the main reasons why people don't exercise is because they are lazy.

3) People who smoke daily lack the chances of staying healthy in the future.

4) Exercising is important, but being addicted to it and overdoing it can be unhealthy.

Thank you.

Answer

*** This is an inactive passive voice, and not an active voice sentence.

It should be: Jerry and many of his friends are going to the party at Albert's house.

*** It is fine, or it could structure as: Laziness is a main reason why people don't exercise.

*** This is fine.

*** It's alright but could be structured much better: Being addicted to exercise and overdoing it, is unhealthy.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett