General Writing and Grammar Help/are having

In Korea. because many companies are having labor disputes, they are not able to work properly.

Is this sentence correct? If I say - "In Korea many companies have labour disputes, they are not able to work properly", what differences in meaning of sentences will arise?

Why in given example "are having" has been used?

"Are having" is present tense-- still happening.

The sentence structure is choppy and in a passive voice.

Example of correct sentences:

Many companies in Korea are having labor disputes. People are unable to work.

People are unable to work in Korea due to company labor disputes.

Labor disputes in Korea cause unemployment.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.