General Writing and Grammar Help/paraphrase a sentence

1) "Yakitori are bite-sized pieces of chicken that have mariented in a sweet, soy-based sauce called teriyaki sauce, and grilled on a skewer."

This sentence says that Yakitori have mariented in teriyaki sauce. "Sweet" and "soy-based sauce" are modifying the teriyaki sauce, i.e these two adjectives are giving extra information about teriyaki sauce. Am I right?

Let, "sweet" and "soy-based teriyaki sauce" are two different items. ( I want to say sweet is not now modifying teriyaki sauce, and it is different from teriyaki sauce). Let, to make a dish of yakitori we have to marient the pieces of chicken both in sweet and teriyaki sauce. In this case, which form the sentence 1 will take? i,e how one will paraphrase the sentence 1?

No, "sweet soy-based sauce "called" teriyaki sauce.... is adjectives to describe a sauce "called" teriyaki.

I am not accepting questions from you any longer as you never rate my answers. You are the only one that does not rate.
Read the sentence again.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.