General Writing and Grammar Help/A strange structure

Ms. Jannie,

How are you?

I read a sentence:

Those who believed that the credit card industry was largely to blame for the increased debt carried by Americans favored solutions that limited aggressive tactics to sign up cardholders who were known credit risks.

In this sentence, I don't know the writing of Americans favored solutions.

I think it is better to write  "Americans-favored solutions."

What's your opinion?

It is very long-winded and what is considered a "run-on" sentence.

It is better as:

Favored solutions limiting cardholders with known credit risks would decrease the debt carried by Americans abusing the credit card industry.

But, to answer the "American favored solution" is incorrect. It cannot be hyphenated.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Jannie Balliett

Any question relating to writing and grammar. I will repeat, questions only-- not discussions or editing. If you need editing, visit my editorial site; I do not help with homework nor English classes. This is much too involved and I will not "explain" English to non-English speakers. Please rate. If you do not rate, I will need to ban you from my expertise.

I m a professional editor and published writer.

Writers of America, Professional Editors Association, Brazos Writers Group, Sisters of Crime

Many magazines

Associate Degree in Business, majoring in education currently for BA 25 years as a writer and professional editor

Shervin Hojat- "Tend Your Garden Within" and am mentioned in acknowledgements.