General Writing and Grammar Help/None of my brothers________

Question
Dear Ted:

Does the sentence "None of my brothers never remember my birthday" have the same meaning as "None of my brothers ever forget my birthday"?

I am asking this because a teacher, in answer to one of my questions about the use of "none," wrote the following:

None of my brothers never remember my birthday. (This last one is an awkward double negative. It would be clearer to say: "None of my
brothers ever forget my birthday" [same meaning].)

What do you think?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

What do you think?

*** I agree with the other person concerting the double negatives, "none" and "never."  

None of my brothers EVER REMEMBER my birthday = All my brothers ALWAYS FORGET my birthday.

Your use of the double negative has thrown me off, Paolo.  Your very first sentence is grammatically incorrect.  I hope my answer provides a little clarity.

Ted  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt