General Writing and Grammar Help/Deal?

Dear Ted:

When do you use the tag question "Deal?"

Would you please give me some examples?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

Dear Paolo:

*** The question is used when two people have reached an agreement on something or some event or some course of action.  A physical gesture would be the shaking of hands in agreement.

I'll bring food to the party, if you will bring the beverages.  Deal?

Jack and Jill make plans to meet the next day.  Jack says, "Let's meet at 10:00 s.m. at
the park.  Deal?"

*** Paolo, using the single word "deal" is a brief substitute for the question "Do we have a deal?"

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy