General Writing and Grammar Help/Fall short on

Dear Ted:

This is the subject of an e-mail message I received from the Washington Post yesterday evening:

The Switch: Elon Musk's SpaceX successfully launches rocket but falls short on landing at sea

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Dear Paolo:

I also found mention of the rocket at Biznews.  The "falls short on" phrase is used in
the headline, and headlines are noted for poor grammar.

Here's a statement from the article itself:

The damage left Space Exploration Technologies Corp. short of a clearly successful touchdown on a drone ship.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy