General Writing and Grammar Help/school../

How are you?

Which one is correct? And if both are correct, then what is the difference between them?

"Peter, can I take a taxi to ......... ?"
a) the school
b) school

Hello Hame,

Both are correct.  Use the article "the" to refer to a specific school.  So if Peter is asking if he can take a taxi to a particular school rather any any school, then the article would be used.

For more information, check out

Dr. D

General Writing and Grammar Help

Deborah Burgess

Essays--I can assist students with questions concerning the process of writing an essay including preparation of an outline, development of a topic, development of the thesis statement and topic sentences, and paragraph development. I can assist students in helping them determine the proper rhetorical modes for their essay (narration, illustration, description, process analysis, comparison and contrast, and argumentation. I am able to answer questions concerning rules of style for a research paper including referencing sources. I am able to address questions regarding punctuation and grammar.

I teach a writing workshop for the University of Phoenix (Richmond Campus) and two college courses: Essentials of College Writing and Elements of Composition.

Doctor of Management--University of Phoenix Masters in Human Resources--George Washington University B.A.--French and Linguistics, Oakland University