General Writing and Grammar Help/Get you through something

Dear Ted:

When do you use the phrase "to get you through something"?

Would you please give me some examples?

Many, many thanks for your kind help.

Dear Paolo:

*** The common meaning is that someone or something is provided in order to help you with your problems OR to assist you along your way.

Tom tries to think positively, so that he will get himself through the day.

Here is a little money to help you get through this month.

Most colleges offer an orientation program for freshmen.  The program is meant to help them get through starting at a new school and to overcome their homesickness.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt

I am the bibliographic instruction and reference librarian at a public college. Some members of the English department recommend me to their students. I offer assistance in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph development. My master`s thesis concerns William Faulkner`s tragic novels. I formerly taught advanced placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.

I have been one of the highest-ranked volunteers in this category for more than a decade.

B. A. and M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study in philosophy