General Writing and Grammar Help/difference among synonymous words

How are you? Hope you are fine.

Most of the time, when I am writing or speaking, I think about differences among English words which are synonyms. For example,

Well, I would like to know what the differences are among synonymous words in English. I would like to know where I have to use each of them.
Are there any good websites talking about differences among synonymous words?

Thank you so much

I find that I am unable to answer your question because a synonym means that the word means exactly or very close to the another word.  Therefore, if I could explain the differences between two words, they would not be synonyms.  Granted there may be slight (and I mean slight) variations in meaning but not to the extent that it would change the meaning of what was trying to be conveyed.  

I think this website would help you.

If you type in the word, it lists synonyms but also the context in which the word is used.  I think this would answer what you are curious about.

Dr. D

General Writing and Grammar Help

Deborah Burgess

Essays--I can assist students with questions concerning the process of writing an essay including preparation of an outline, development of a topic, development of the thesis statement and topic sentences, and paragraph development. I can assist students in helping them determine the proper rhetorical modes for their essay (narration, illustration, description, process analysis, comparison and contrast, and argumentation. I am able to answer questions concerning rules of style for a research paper including referencing sources. I am able to address questions regarding punctuation and grammar.

I teach a writing workshop for the University of Phoenix (Richmond Campus) and two college courses: Essentials of College Writing and Elements of Composition.

Doctor of Management--University of Phoenix Masters in Human Resources--George Washington University B.A.--French and Linguistics, Oakland University