General Writing and Grammar Help/emphasis

Question
Is there a way to emphasize the word "so" in a sentence to show it as drawn out like "soooo?"

Answer
This question really crosses the line from grammar and usage, but I'll answer it anyway. The common way to do what you want is just the way you've done it here--repeat the o to correspond to the extent to which the sound is to be drawn out.

*    *    *    *

Patty, I want to thank you for your uniformly high ratings, yet I note that you have never nominated me for volunteer of the month. I'd appreciate your telling me how I might improve my answers so you might check that option.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Richard Johnson