General Writing and Grammar Help/Are you going by/past the supermarket.....

Question
Dear Ted:

In your previous message regarding the use of "go past" and "go by," you gave the following example:

ARE YOU GOING by/past/ the supermarket when you visit your mother?

My question is this:

Would the meaning of the sentence change if you had written, "DO YOU GO by/past the supermarket when you visit your mother?" or "WILL YOU GO by/past the supermarket when you visit your mother?"

Thank you.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

n your previous message regarding the use of "go past" and "go by," you gave the following example:

My question is this:

*** There is no difference in the meaning.  You have simply changed the tenses.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt