General Writing and Grammar Help/Use of the preposition ‘on’.

Question
Dear Ted,

Please indicate if the use of the preposition ‘on’ in the sentence below, is correct or not:
“On the Access Panels, what is the difference in the use of Emergency Broadcast vs. Normal Broadcast?”

Thank you,
Leonardo

Answer
Dear Leonardo:

Dear Ted,

**** From what is written, I gather that, when I look at the Access Panels, I will see something marked "Emergency Broadcast" and something else marked "Normal Broadcast."

If I am correct, then your sentence is correct.

If, however, those two items are INSIDE the Access Panels, then "on" is not right.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt